Friday, January 23, 2015

Using Fabric Transfer Paper on Polymer Clay

Good Morning!

 My first tutorial will be using fabric transfer paper on polymer clay.  

I have tried several methods using the fabric transfers; including water, rubbing alcohol, baby oil, and heat.  I didn't have any luck with any of these. I just couldn't get the image to transfer.  I did that for a whole day without any luck.  Then the following day I researched about using fabric transfers and I saw that someone was using the fabric transfers to make gift tags on card stock.  She used hairspray.  It was worth a shot.  I thought if it transferred the image to paper it could transfer it to polymer clay.  You know what? It worked

I tried the hairspray method on a piece of unbaked clay and got this result:  

I was so pleased with this result.  The image fully transferred onto the clay and didn't smudge.





Here's how I did it:

Materials you will need:


fabric transfer paper
aerosol hairspray




polymer clay























Step 1
Print the words you want to use on the fabric transfer paper.  Just remember you have to reverse the image if you are using words.  Then cut out the words.  You can see my words are reversed.



Step 2
Roll out some clay like this:
Step 3
Spray a thin mist of hairspray over the image. Make sure it is the side that has the image on it.

Step 4
Place the image face down on the piece of clay like this:
Step 5
I use the cover of the hairspray can and roll and rub the image gently.
Step 6
When you lift the paper up you will see that the image has transferred to the clay. That's amazing! Wouldn't you agree?

Then you can bake it according to the directions on the package of clay you are using.

Now that you know this technique, just think of all the things you can make. I'd love to see what you create.  You can post your finished project on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/honeydscreations 

If you have any questions about this technique you can also email me at dbcoce15@gmail.com

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.  Check back next week for another tutorial.

Debbie 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any mean or rude comments left on blog will be deleted.