Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Polymer Clay - Cane Technique

Good Morning!

Today I am going to share a technique that I just discovered in clay-making. It is called the "Cane Technique".  It is a "two dimensional design inside a three dimensional roll; and the design goes through end to end."  I know it sounds complicated but once you learn the technique you can create endless cane designs.

Here let me show you in a photo what I mean.





For this technique you are starting with a small log of clay of one color and then rolling it in a different color of clay.  I was so happy to have my clay machine for the rolling part.  It made it so easy to roll out the clay in the same thickness.

I rolled out several different colors of clay and made a very basic cane.  It is called a "bullseye cane". 






 I have seen some really intricate canes where people have made landscaped scenes.  Of course I'm not there yet but I did want to try this technique out with a simple cane design. 


Tomorrow's blog I will be using this bullseye cane and making another clay pen.

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great day!
Debbie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any mean or rude comments left on blog will be deleted.