Friday, January 9, 2015

Polymer Clay - Flower Cane Design

Good Morning Friends!

It is snowing here where I live; but it is TGIF and the weekend is here!  I thought I would end the craft blog this week with another polymer clay "cane" design.  I will be back on Monday with more craft posts.

This clay cane is a " flower cane".  It is a bit more difficult and more time consuming. It looks like this:





Not too bad for my first flower cane design. I was able to make two different sizes just by stretching out the cane log.  The trick seems to be to make sure the clay is conditioned enough when I start a project and to be sure to smooth out air bubbles that can form in the center of the cane.


Over the weekend I definitely need to buy more clay.  I am also looking for a clay extruder to help me make more details on my clay projects.  I hope I can find one.

I will be back posting again on Monday.  If I do make another pen using this flower cane design I will post it on my Facebook page over the weekend.  If you are not following me on that page, please do because I will be posting other photos of my clay projects there.

https://www.facebook.com/honeydscreations?ref=bookmarks

I want to thank and welcome all my new subscribers too!

Have a great weekend!

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any mean or rude comments left on blog will be deleted.