Thursday, January 8, 2015

Polymer Clay - Bullseye Cane Pen

Hello Friends!

Today I am sharing with you another polymer clay pen.  Remember the "bullseye cane" I made yesterday?  I cut it into even slices like this:




Then I covered the pen with the clay slices like this:




Then after spending time rolling it and getting the pieces exactly where I wanted them I baked it my little toaster oven that I dedicate just for my clay crafts.  It turned out like this:



The design came together nicely without any gaps.  

After I made the pen it looked like it needed something.  It was too plain to me.   I had made pen holders for my other two pens this week and I thought this pen needed one too.

I went a step further in making this pen holder.  The more I worked with this cane I began to envision a turtle shell design.  I went with that thought and made a turtle pen holder for the pen. I'm so glad I went with that thought because this cane design makes a really cute turtle shell.  Don't you think?




Finally here is the finished pen with the turtle pen holder.  



 Now I'm already thinking of different color combinations to make more turtle shell designs with the "bullseye cane".

I hope you enjoyed this blog post.  Stay tune tomorrow for a different kind of clay cane. 


Thanks for stopping by.
Have a great day!
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any mean or rude comments left on blog will be deleted.