Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Polymer Clay Valentine Pencil Toppers

Good Afternoon!

Today I am sharing with you how to make a polymer clay Valentine pencil topper.  This is another easy project.  Just follow the tutorial below.











Materials you will need:


a pencil
heart shape cutter
polymer clay
liquid polymer clay
tiny black beads
a needle tool
a clay tool with a ball at the end
a clay tile to bake it on
glaze (optional) if you want a shiny pencil topper


Directions:

1) Condition your clay by kneading it in your hands.  Once it has softened, flatten it a little on the tile.



2) Use the heart shape cutter and push down into the clay.


3) Remove the cutter and you should have a nice heart shape.



4) Use the ball tool and make a hole on the bottom of the heart.  





5) Use an old pencil to make sure the hole is the correct side.  (I wouldn't use the nice pencil yet because the clay may stain the eraser before you bake it. I know this because it happened to me and I ruined a nice pencil.)

6) Now it is time to decorate our clay heart.  I like to make little characters out of mine.  First I added the tiny black beads for eyes.  Then I used my needle tool to add detail to the eyes.  I added a small round ball of clay for the nose.  Then I added more clay for arms and legs.  Decorate your pencil topper as fancy as you want.

I like to use liquid polymer clay to attach other clay pieces to each other. 




7) Bake it according to the clay directions.  Each clay brand is different so you need to read the clay package for that information.

8) Finally let it cool and then glaze it if you want to.  I like the shiny effect the glaze has on it.


As you can see in the finished one I even added a tiny bow to make it into a girl Valentine character.



I think she came out cute.  What do you think?




  Have fun making a Valentine pencil topper if you decide to make one.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Any mean or rude comments left on blog will be deleted.