Thursday, March 13, 2014

Duct Tape Zippered Pencil Case

Happy Thursday Friends,

I hope you are having a great week.  It is snowing hard right now as I write this blog.  I guess winter doesn't want to be over yet.  I'm glad I decided to go shopping for my craft supplies yesterday because I wouldn't want to go out in this mess today.


Hobby Lobby seems to be my favorite craft store at the moment.  I like how they offer a 40% off coupon every week.  I also think, in my opinion that they have more variety of yarns, buttons, and sewing supplies to choose from.

One of the things I did purchase yesterday was a pink zipper.  I have been wanting to make a duct tape pencil case with a zipper for a long time.  I tried the Ziploc bag method but I didn't like how it came out.  Using a real zipper makes the pencil case very durable and easy to get your supplies in and out quickly.

I am planning to make different theme pencil cases in the weeks to come. However, instead of using just the pattern duct tape I will be designing my own pencil cases.

My pencil cases will be available for purchase on my online Etsy store as well as at the craft fairs I will be attending.

Here are some photos of the sample pencil case I made with the zipper.  I just used left over duct tape that I had to make this one.  For my first one I am very pleased with it.  Even my son liked it and said he wanted me to make him one for school.  I will post that one as soon as I make it.  

I will be posting all my designs on my facebook page too.
https://www.facebook.com/honeydscreations

Here is the link to my Etsy store
https://www.etsy.com/shop/honeydscreations


My first zippered duct tape pencil case

It holds a variety of supplies

The zipper opens and closes very easily.

The bottom of the case extends out so there is more space to carry things.
There it is.  My first zippered duct tape pencil case.  Leave in the comments below what you think about it.  

If there is a particular theme that you want just let me know and I will custom design a pencil case for you.

Have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any mean or rude comments left on blog will be deleted.