Friday, August 16, 2013

My Outdoor Bird Bath Sanctuary


What can you do with extra decorative stones and cement blocks?  

This is what I created:  An Outdoor Bird Bath Sanctuary






This project was not planned.  I wanted somewhere to place my bird bath that seemed out of place in other places I tried to put it.  It needed a special place of its own.

Hubby helped me build the cement wall.  These were left over from another section of the yard.  The rest of this design space took shape after the bird bath was placed.

We had extra decorative stone that was just sitting in a barrel and we put it around the bird bath.  I wanted flag stone to lead up to the bird bath and found some behind our shed.  Then I looked around the yard and moved a few of my decorative yard ornaments to this space.  There is a squirrel, turtle and garden gnome.  Then for color I put two shepherd hooks into the ground and purchased two hanging plants (New Guinea Impatiens) to add color to the space.  We already had the decorative stone edging so we moved the stone edging into the bird bath space to incorporate with the rest of the yard. 

I am very happy with how it turned out.  It has become my favorite spot in the backyard.  The birds seem to like it too. 

So if you have extra materials hanging around in your yard, you never know what you can create.  I did spot some white lattice behind the shed.  Now I wonder what I can create with it? LOL  That will be a project for another day.

Do you have an outdoor creation you want to share.  Tell me about it in the comments below. 

Thanks for stopping by.

Deb :)     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any mean or rude comments left on blog will be deleted.