Thursday, July 25, 2013

My Craft Storage Solution Part 2

Good afternoon friends,

It is a rainy afternoon here.  Great day for staying in and doing a craft project. I am working on something that I will share in my post next week.  I will give you a small hint:  It is made with popsicle sticks.

Today I have some photos I took of my completed craft cabinet.


Here is what it looked like when it was a computer cabinet.  On the top shelf we used to keep computer paper and computer disks.  The next shelf was for our computer monitor.  The shelf underneath that slid out for the keyboard.  The shelf underneath that one also slid out and we used it to write on.  The space on the bottom was for the computer hard drive and then next to that was a drawer that we used to keep our computer manuals. We used this cabinet for our computer for many years; but then our needs changed. When we didn't have the computer anymore it became a cabinet for odds and ends.  I had a hard time trying to figure out what to do with it, but in the back of my mind I just couldn't get rid of it.

I am so happy that we kept it because it has become the perfect place for all my craft supplies.  Here is what it looks like now.     




I call it my "craft nook".  It is just the perfect size I needed for my craft supplies.  It just cost me $14.00 for the bins at Dollar Tree to complete this project.  I made the labels myself so I didn't spend any money on that. 





The cork board on the side door panels came with the computer cabinet.  I have my Washi tape and scraps of scrapbooking paper hung up with push pins.


 On the other side door panel.  I have some cut-outs that I use for scrapbooking/ card-making.  I also have my Glue Dots hung up so I always know where to find it.

My craft bins are organized in a way so I have things categorized together.
The bins in the back:  
bin#1:  white glue & craft glue
bin#2:  pom poms & pipe cleaners
bin#3:  wooden sticks (like popsicle sticks, clothespins, other wooden craft sticks)
The two bins in the front:
bin#1: bead-making (all the things I use with beads)
bin#2: clay-making (all the things I use to make clay figures & miniatures)



The bins in the back:
bin#1:  clear tapes
bin#2:  Duct tape (plain & pattern)
bin#3:  glue gun & hot glue sticks
bin#4:  misc craft supplies (like googly eyes, velcro pieces, etc)

The bins in the front:
bin#1:  glitter glue
bin#2:  paints
bin#3:  paints


On the first slide out drawer I have my paper cutter.
On the second slide out drawer I have my drawing pads and glass mat cutter
The two bins on the left side on top of the box drawer has my craft tools in the one bin and paintbrushes in the other bin. 
Then on the floor of the cabinet I have a bin with all my scrapbooking supplies (cardstock, other scrapbooking paper, stickers, etc).  Behind that bin I have another bin with just construction paper.
Then lastly, in the square drawer I have foam pieces.  


   Here is the completed craft cabinet again.  Those two pretty boxes on top of the cabinet also are part of this craft organization.  I was lucky to find them at JoAnn's on clearance awhile back.   The small box has my label maker and labels.  The bigger box has my craft magazines in it. 

I hope you enjoyed this post.  I enjoyed sharing my craft cabinet organization with you.

Feel free to leave a comment and share any of your craft organizing tips.

Thanks for stopping by. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any mean or rude comments left on blog will be deleted.