Friday, September 27, 2013

Happy Fall - Fall Decoration #1

Happy Fall Everyone!





  
This is the top of my kitchen hutch where I like to decorate for the seasons. This year I went through all my Fall decorations and got rid of stuff that I don't plan on using any more.  Some of the stuff I have had for 12 years or more.  After I put this display up, it looked like something was missing.  My son mentioned buying a scarecrow.  I had a different thought in mind.  I was going to make one.


I had my crochet hooks out already from another project I was working on so I decided to check my yarn stash to see if there were any colors I could use to make a crochet scarecrow.  These are the colors I picked out that I wanted to use.  

The hardest part was coming up with a crochet pattern that even resembled a scarecrow.  I know I wanted to make a girl scarecrow.  I wanted her to have coveralls on and I wanted her to have pigtails.

After a few days I had the basic pattern written.  The fun part was adding all the details.  I used a fringe technique to make her straw hands and feet.  I braided her hair for the pigtails.  I glued on tiny black beads for her eyes.  A heart shape button was used for her nose.  Black yarn was used for her mouth.  Then I just tied some orange yarn bows on her pigtails.  Here is what she looks like.

She is 10 inches tall.

  Now my Fall display on my hutch is complete.



Have a great week!

Debbie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any mean or rude comments left on blog will be deleted.