Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Plarn Project - What is plarn?

Hello Friends,

I hope you are all doing well.  Today's blog post is about something I recently discovered while searching on Pinterest.  It is plarn.  What is plarn you say? It basically is plastic bags cut in a way that can be looped together to form a ball of yarn; but in this case plarn.

Then once you have your ball of plarn you can create tons of projects like you would if you were crocheting or knitting.

I really like working with plarn because I can recycle my plastic bags and turn them into items that people can use.  

Here is the first plarn project I did last week.  I took it to the market and used it along with my other reusuable bags.  I was very impressed how strong the bag is and how much it can hold.  

Here is my bag:

I am loving this bag.  Not only is it reusable but it is waterproof too.  

Well I am off to the market with my bag.  



Oh, and in case you were wondering if these bags are for sale.  I will let you all know when they will be available in my Etsy shop.

Have a great day! :)

Debbie 

2 comments:

  1. very interesting - what else are you going to do with "plarn" ? - G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now I am working on a beach bag. I will post the finished project when it is completed. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete

Any mean or rude comments left on blog will be deleted.